Saturday, November 17, 2007

Knitting and Music

Despite a fuggy head, a hot afternoon and the dreaded trackwork I managed to make it to the Rubi & Lana knitting meet for the first time in many months. I also wanted to pick up some of R&L's lovely laceweight yarn to send to my ISE5 partner and bought 2 balls in a rich Peacock shade. Each one has 900m of soft merino yarn!

At the meet I saw an lovely lace top knitted from just one of these. It was derived from a Vogue Knitting patten and had an edging of ribbon at the neckline. The knitter (whose name I can' remember because my brain is fuggy) couldn't recall the exact source but I'm going to look through my VK back copies and see if I can find it.

The remainder of the day was spent at work doing the final of the Rachmaninov Festival. During yesterday's rehearsal I was blown away by the Pianist playing Piano Concerto No. 3 and tonight he was awesome. I now know that "it has the reputation of being one of the most difficult concertos in the entire piano repertoire." and I can see why. He got a standing ovation at the end of the performance and I was one of them.

The SSO is apparently making a recording of this series with Vladimir Ashkenazy as the Conductor. It will be definitely going on my wishlist.

No comments: