Sunday, December 16, 2007

Me being a Groupie

This is me and (gush) Tom Stoppard- one of the best playwright in the English language in my humble opinion. The man whose Rosencrantz & Guildenstern made Hamlet readable to all those English Lit students.


I was very privileged to be able to focus and plot some lights on him for the "Tom Stoppard in conversation with Andrew Upton, interrupted by Geoffrey Rush" talk in the Opera Theatre today.

It was a very casual, free flowing discussion among three very interesting theatrical types, nothing too dramatic (excuse the pun). During the set up Mrs Upton was there giving hubby Andrew a bit of moral support. I'm afraid to say her stage presence is a lot better than his but I suppose that's why he's a playwright and screenwriter and she is an Academy Award- and Golden Globe Award-winning Australian actress.

1 comment:

M-H said...

::swooning:: You do have an interesting job!