Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thank you, Yarn magazine

Thank you Yarn magazine - I did a bit of placement checking for them at Borders recently and as a reward for my efforts I have been sent some lovely bits and pieces.
  • 2 x 50g balls of Dalegarn Heilo in red: 100% DK Norwegian wool. David recently did a review on this yarn in his podcast. I think these will be destined for the Zeebee hat from Schmeebot that brooklyntweed beautifully displayed.
  • 2 x 50g balls of Rooster almerino DK in a lovely Teal colour. This soft baby alpaca/ merino blend is also destined for hatness. I have been looking at this yarn in Rubi & Lana's for a long time and now have the chance to try it out.
  • 2 x 50g balls of Dalegarn Svale cotton/silk blend that has my name on it for something.
  • 1 x set of Britanny Bamboo DPN to make hats and socks with.
I love getting little treats like this in the mail (still have a KTE and a Scarf to come) so this was Much Appreciated. Thank you again, Yarn Mag.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Ooo! Pretty!!

Knitting from your stash is so easy when other people are into enhancing your stash! :-)

Congratulations.

www.2hot2knit.blogspot.com

Flea-Bites said...

A spider square would test my tolerance for wildlife - we have lots of huntsmans here - usually between October and February and they are not my favourite pet, although I have learned to live with one in the bedroom ..... it only comes out from behind the picture frame after the light goes out. I love that you're doing squares to test patterns out - that's something I've been meaning to do for years. Congratulations too on your surprise gift - what fun.