Thursday, November 16, 2006

Mail Goodies

My phone line is still fried, my printer is catatonic (I think the transformer was blown up) my lovely pink, alpaca, ISE scarf has disappeared down a black-hole of indifference but look what I got in the mail today.

Thank you to Julie, the lovely Knit Picks enabler. It is amazing the lengths that us poor knitters downunder have to go to access the consumer goods that are taken for granted in the American continent. The kit is not as fully provisioned as Pamela's but she will probably use it a lot more than I will. (Check out her beautiful Sea Silk Swallowtail Shawl here ).

The green tangle beside the kit is a skein of Banana Silk I picked up from eBay just because. It a very uneven spin full of knots and slubs but it will make a nice novelty scarf in the true sense of the word. Plus it's the only Banana product we've had in this house for nearly a year - at about the same price for a kilo of the edible product!

2 comments:

Carson said...

I didn't think KnitPicks shipped to Australia. Do tell...
Banana silk!! What will they make yarn out of next? PET bottles?

Shirley Goodwin said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog, Kate. Love all those old Singers! That banana silk looks yummy.