Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Anteknitter

I've decided I'll take on the official title of the anteknitter. This doesn't mean I'm against knitting, - far from it. I mean ante as in;


ante–pref.
Prior to; earlier: antenatal.
In front of; before: anteroom.
[Latin, from ante, before.]


In other words my knitting is like the entree before the main meal - not the full course. This revelation comes after my Show and Tell experience at yesterday's Guild Meeting. While everyone showed their progress with their garments and projects I talked about the frogging I had done and showed the Lace Mitten I was about to pull apart. I have at least 5 or 6 projects on the go and I just purchased some beautiful Filatura Multicolor for another one! I think I have knitting ADD. Symptoms include "inattention, hyperactivity and impulsive behaviour".

I will now undertake to focus on finishing the last sleeve of the Raglan top-down jumper to the exclusion of all others. So it is written.

1 comment:

Janette said...

ooooh, the Filatura multicolour looks gorgeous.