Saturday, January 20, 2007

Have you any wool?

Yes Sir! 15 bags full, in fact!

These are all piled high on my front verandah at the moment, courtesy of a school that has a flock of sheep. I was contacted by a local resident whose husband does maintenance at the school and he came by in his ute and dropped them off.

Hopefully I can find a good home for them all as I am not a spinner. David has one bag and a few of the Spinning crowd at the Guild have offered to take a few more. If you live in the Sydney area and would like a bag of mixed-breed fleece, fresh off the sheep's back, drop me a line.
Baa Baa......

(3 gone, 12 to go!)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

diane_s said...

i live in springwood and spin (novice) and would love to take a bag of fleece if i could. my name is diane and my phone number is 47516329 or dschnebli@primusonline.com.au
thank you

amanda j said...

I am sure you will find good homes for the fleece. I believe that once you get the spinning bug it is almost as bad as the yarn bug!

M-H said...

I do not spin. I will not spin. But I hope you find homes for it all!

Coleen said...

wow, I know so many people who would love a bag of sheep! Too bad you are on the other side of the world! :)

r said...

I'm not a spinner, but an offer like that makes me wish I was!

M-H said...

Have you tried the Handspinners and Weavers guild? (Under H in the Sydney phone book)

Wooldancer said...

I am an avid local Springwood spinner, & i could think of a use for every morsel of fiber you have there in those beautiful baa baa bags!!
PLEEEEASE contact me!! i'll so gladly come & pick them up - all of them (or as much as you are willing to part with): wooldancer(at)gmail.com or call 7315 (insert first digits)
Thank you *-*