Friday, September 07, 2007

Virginia Farm

This basket of goodies is a sample of the fibre, dyes, and yarns Virginia Farm had on display at their Sunday Open Day. We dropped in to the "beautiful homestead" after our intensive theatre day in the city and I was unable to reisist the Chocolatey goodness of these cakes of undyed handspun.


The young lad was very taken with the idea of doing some spinning like the ladies were doing - we had to gently prise him away from the many lovely wheels they had on display and distract him with a bit of stone skipping at the Nepean River near Agnes Banks.



This was definitely the calm before the APEC storm - we are now in the throes of a full lockdown and I am on 'standby' at work. If I can find a quiet place that's not full of Security guards, Police, Emergency Response Officers and people in suits talking to their wrists, I can get a bit of knitting done. The amazing thing is I managed to get 2 pairs of Addis through a full bag scan, twice, without having them confiscated.

(Don't mention that to anyone - I wouldn't want to cast aspersions on our security arrangements, I said they were Canadian)

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Oooo. Didn't know they had an open day. Just as well, last one we went to DD bought a spinning wheel and a bag of fibre!

Looking forward to Jenny's visit to the Guild meeting.

Flea-Bites said...

Kate, thanks for your wishes and your wonderful Irish blessing - now THAT made me teary! Thanks again. I shall return to blog another day! Cheers and thanks again.