Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Op Shops

I love op shops and this is why. A quick visit to the local Vinnies store resulted in whole stash of wool including Jaeger Mohair Spun, Totem 8ply, Patons Bluebell and Heatherwood as well as a half completed jumper of Studio Mohair in a discontinued shade plus the current Cleckheaton pattern book it came from. All for about $1.00 a ball and the book thrown in for free.
It seems that someone has disposed of their Stash so I therefore undertake to find it all a good home.

We are having a Stash sale at the Guild this weekend; I'll add most of this to the not-as big-as-it-could-be pile I have managed to extract from my stash.

Now what are the chances that I'll be able to resist temptation and come away from the meeting empty handed?

3 comments:

Janette said...

Oh Kate - is there any chance you selling me the bluebell yarn? Thanks.

Ginger_nut said...

Hi Kate - What's the 'guild sale' you are referring to?
Cheers,
Meg

Kate said...

Hi Meg; Hi Janette;

It's just our local Knitting Guild branch members doing a clean out of their stash and selling it to each other - Moving all the yarn sideways really. Looks like the Bluebell has already found a home though - I know you'll do nice things with it Janette.