Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Here is my Stash

Here is my Stash - a bit of it anyway. This cabinet on top of my chest of drawers (which contains many metres of fabric stash) has the best of my yarn. I have a few more bits and pieces here and there.

Sitting on top of this of all this precious wool is Bou, from Spirited Away . He's got his needles out and is knitting away - an inspiration for me maybe.

I do not aspire to SABLEhood, although I fully understand the temptation and the yearning that a skein of Noro on special or a new range of Merino Silk blend can create in a person. The stories of boxes/rooms /houses full of yarn fills me with dread and thoughts of OCD.

What I hope to do over the course of the next few days, months, (years) is itemise all this lovely stash and to match it with an appropriate pattern and to actually reduce it!

I also hope to record my history of past knitting - a history that stretches back to 1982 and continues -with a short hiatus in the '90's - to the present. Notwithstanding the vagaries of computers and first time blogging mishaps. Posted by Picasa

No comments: