Friday, August 15, 2008

Backyard Birds


Just a quick post about the backyard birds - since we asked the Cockatoos to move on (with limited success) the King Parrots have been more numerous. The fact that it's the middle of winter may be one explanation for the increase in numbers but I'd like to think it's because they like us - feeding them.

When we came back from our week away they greeted us with tapping claws (Where have you been? Why haven't you been feeding us?) so I put out an extra tray of food to make up for our absence.


I love watching the Bower birds, Wattle birds, Crimson Rosellas, Sparrows and occasional Currawong from the kitchen window in the morning .
That and the mountain air always helps to dispell the city malaise.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I love King parrots. I haven't seen any in my yard for weeks. The Bower Birds have come back - they seem to come and go in my yard. I have had Crimson Rosellas in my back yard for the last few days.

Lynne said...

Lovely pictures.

Our lorikeets seem to have left for warmer climes. The corellas are still here but we hear raither than see them. The largest number of birds are noisy mynahs. Yesterday they dive-bombed the cat - he unwillingly released the one he had caught!

Maria said...

Charming birds, totally strangers to me in Sweden, on the other side of the Globe...
Please visit my blog:
http://bloggdax.blogg.se

Lushorama said...

Beautiful birdies!!!!
(oh, and you've been tagged - no pressure!!!)
xxxx